Mammoth Lakes Market Report as of January 1, 2021
Facts, Figures and Other Interesting Information:
As of January 1, 2021
Single Family Homes:
- The Median (middle of the range) Listing Price for a home in Mammoth Lakes is $2,249,000.
- The Average Listing Price for a single-family home in Mammoth Lakes was $3,124,868
- The lowest listing price of a home in Mammoth Lakes was $974,900 (next lowest $1,190,000)
- There were 16 single family homes listings in Mammoth Lakes
- The Median Listing Price of a condominium in Mammoth Lakes is $490,000
- The Average Listing Price for a Condominium in Mammoth Lakes is $516,719
- There are 26 condominiums available for purchase in Mammoth Lakes
- There were 441 condominium sales in 2020. There were 619 total sales in 2005
Single Family Homes
The single-family home market in Mammoth Lakes produced a total of 126 sales in 2020 (2005 realized 140 total sales). Median home prices for the year were $885,000, which is up 11.6% in comparison to 2019’s median price of $793,000. While 2020 median home prices were near record highs, they still have not surpassed 2007 figures when the median price for a home was $900,000.
As of December 31, 2020, the YTD median price for a condominium in Mammoth Lakes was $475,000, which is 5.4% higher than the median price observed for all of 2019. This median price was determined using 441 sales YTD. Like homes, the condominium market is still below the 2007 median price of $540,000.
Monthly sales volumes for 2020 were erratic, with monthly sales activity early in the year below the 10-year average. Monthly sales volume picked up in the Summer, as it typically does, and surpassed the 10-year average for the remainder of the year. The month of September proved an exceptionally high number of sales.